Article 68 – Tourist visitors
1. The Cabinet may issue a decision introducing the Tax Refunds for Tourists Scheme specifying the following:
- The date on which the Scheme comes into effect.
- The mechanism for tax refunds.
- Limitations on claiming tax refunds.
- Processes for any verifications to be undertaken under the Scheme.
- Any other conditions or procedures that the Cabinet considers necessary for operation of the Scheme.
2. The following conditions shall apply to the Tax Refunds for Tourists Scheme:
- a. The Goods which are subject to the Tax Refunds for Tourists Scheme must be supplied to an overseas tourist who is in the State during the purchase of the Goods from the supplier.
- b. At the Date of Supply, the overseas tourist intends to depart from the State within 90 days from that date, accompanied by the Goods.
- c. The relevant Goods are exported by the overseas tourist to a place outside the Implementing States within 3 months from the Date of Supply, subject to such conditions and verifications as may be imposed by the Authority.
3. The phrase “overseas tourist” means any natural Person who is not resident in any of the Implementing States and who is not a crew member on a flight or aircraft leaving an Implementing State.
4. The Authority may publish a list of Goods that shall not be subject to Tax Refunds for Tourists Scheme.