Article 64 – Tax Return and Payment
1. A Tax Return must be received by the Authority no later than the 28th day following the end of the Tax Period concerned or by such other date as directed by the Authority.
2. A Person whose registration has been canceled must provide a final Tax Return for the last Tax Period for which he was registered.
3. A Taxable Person shall settle Payable Tax in relation to a Tax Return using the means specified by the Authority so that it is received by the Authority no later than the date specified in Clause 1 of this Article.
4. Where Recoverable Tax for a Tax Period exceeds Due Tax for the Tax Period, the excess Recoverable Tax may be repaid to the Taxable Person in accordance with the relevant provisions in the Decree-Law and the Federal Law No. 7 of 2017.
5. A Tax Return must contain such details as the Authority may require and, at the minimum, allow for the following information to be included:
- The name, address, and the TRN of the Registrant;
- The Tax Period to which the Tax Return relates.
- The date of submission.
- The value of Taxable Supplies made by the Person in the Tax Period and the Output Tax charged.
- The value of Taxable Supplies subject to the zero rate made by the Person in the Tax Period.
- The value of Exempt Supplies made by the Person in the Tax Period.
- The value of any supplies subject to Clauses 1 and 3 of Article 48 of the Decree-Law.
- The value of expenses incurred in respect of which the Person seeks to recover Input Tax and the amount of Recoverable Tax.
- The total value of Due Tax and Recoverable Tax for the Tax Period.
- The Payable Tax for the Tax Period.