Article 71 – Record-keeping Requirements
1. Subject to Clause 2 of this Article, any records required to be kept in accordance with the provisions of the Decree-Law must comply with timeframes, limitations, and conditions for retention of records as specified in the Federal Law No. 7 of 2017 on Tax Procedures and its Executive Regulations.
2. Any records related to real estate required to be kept shall be held for a period of 15 years after the end of the Tax Period to which they relate.
3. In the case of a Government Entity that is listed by the Cabinet under Clause 2 of Article 72 of the Decree-Law, the Government Entity may:
- Refuse the Authority’s request to take any records or a copy of the same from the premises of the Government Entity.
- Put controls for the access of employees of the Authority to the records and the premises of the Government Entity.
4. Where the Authority holds any records that belong to a Government Entity listed by the Cabinet under Clause 2 of Article 72 of the Decree-Law, the records shall be held in such a manner that they can only be accessed by the employees of the Authority that are specifically authorized to view the records of that Government Entity.