Article 62 – Length of tax period
1. The standard Tax Period applicable to a Taxable Person shall be a period of three calendar months ending on the date that the Authority determines.
2. As an exception to Clause 1 of this Article, the Authority may assign a Person or class of Persons a shorter or longer Tax Period where it considers that a non-standard Tax Period length is necessary or beneficial to:
- Reduce the risk of Tax Evasion.
- Enable the Authority to improve the monitoring of compliance or collection of Tax revenues.
- Reduce the administrative burden on the Authority or the compliance burden on a Person or class of Persons.
3. Where a Taxable Person is assigned the standard Tax Period, he may request that the Tax Period ends with the month as requested by him, and the Authority may accept such request at its discretion.